Pakistani Rupee (Currency Note)

Last week, while i was sitting with my friends, One of my friend “Imran Sajjad” asked me, “do you have old notes of Pakistan’s currency like PKR 5, 10 etc?”
This question was surprised for me, I just replied why he want this. He said we should have a copy or pictures of old notes so that we can tell our new generation about our currency.
As I have not old currency notes nor a pictures. So, I have decided to search and find the pictures of currency notes and try to put on the web.
After a long searching, I just found some of the images… not sure either these are all or there is any other note too…

Thanks to banknotes and other site from where, I have able to get some of old Pakistani Note (Currency) pictures. While, some pictures are scanned myself.

1. Pakistani Rupee 1 (One)

PKR 1 Rupee 1948-1949

PKR 1 Rupee 1975 Minare-Pakistan

PKR 1 Rupee 1983 Muhammad Ali Jinnah & Tomb of Allama Mohammad Iqbal Lahore

2. Pakistani Rupee 2 (Two)

PKR 2 (1985-1999) Rupee Badshahi Masjid, Lahore

3. Pakistani Rupee 5 (Five)

PKR 5 Rupee 1947

PKR 5 Rupee 1948

PKR Rupee 5 1972-1978 Muhammad Ali Jinnah

PKR 5 Rupee 1997 Tomb of Shah Rukhn-e-Alam

PKR Rupee 5 Khajal Rail Road Tunnel

4. Pakistani Rupee 10 (Ten)

PKR Rupee 10 (1953)

PKR Rupee 10 (1957)

PKR Rupee10 (1972) Hajj Pilgrim

PKR Rupee 10 (1972-1975) Shalimar Garden

PKR Rupee 10 Moen-jo-daro

PKR Rupee 10 (2005) Jinnah & Khyber Pass Peshawer

5. Pakistani Rupee 20 (Twenty)

PKR Rupee 20 (2004) Mohen-jo-Daro Larkana

PKR Rupee 20 (2004) Mohen-jo-Daro Larkana

6. Pakistani Rupee 50 (Fifty)

PKR Rupees 50 (1957) Sailing Ships
PKR Rupees 50 (1972-1978) Sailing Ships

PKR Rupee 50 Main Gate of Lahore

7. Pakistani Rupees 100 (Hundred)

PKR Rupee 100 (1970-1976) Hajj Note

PKR Rupees 100 Islamic College in Peshawar

PKR Rupees 100 (2006) Quaid Residence Ziarat

8. Pakistani Rupees 500 (Five Hundred)

PKR Rupees 500 Jinnah & State Bank Building

PKR Rupees 500 Muhammad Ali Jinnah & Badshahi Masjid Lahore

9. Pakistani Rupees 1000 (One Thousand)

PKR Rupees 1000 Jinnah & Tomb of Jahangir Lahore

PKR Rupees 1000 (2006) Muhammad Ali Jinnah & Islamia College Peshawar

10. Pakistani Rupees 5000 (Five Thousand)

PKR Rupees 5000 (2006) Muhammad Ali Jinnah & Faisal Masjid Islamabad

Share and Enjoy

77 Responses to “Pakistani Rupee (Currency Note)”

1. Hasan said on August 18th, 2011 at 2:46 am:

Gr88 work ….:)

2. Ashraf Majeed said on August 26th, 2011 at 4:55 am:

AA
    very good, nice and historical collection.nice work.you did not display 5 Rs note which is valid today, and if u have coins also display thanks

3. MKS said on September 14th, 2011 at 3:09 pm:

ha ha ha…Very funny as in one of the Pakistani currencies it has mentioned Reserve Bank Of India.

Udhar ki jindegi

4. Muhammad Robeel said on September 14th, 2011 at 7:44 pm:

very nice,A grat sharing…
    Thnx 4 sharing.

5. Muhammad Robeel said on September 14th, 2011 at 7:45 pm:

great..

6. sajid said on September 21st, 2011 at 12:57 pm:

thank you very much.for posting this pakistani old currency.i want to see this and remembers me old days and also remember,,what value of this note in past, for example 1 rupia,2 rupia.thanks

7. Nadeem Ansari said on October 8th, 2011 at 6:04 pm:

You did a great job. It is very informatory site.
    Thanks for sharing with us.

Nadeem Ansri,
    Multan

8. Nasir Khan said on October 17th, 2011 at 8:17 pm:

Dear Khalid,
    Assalam o Alekum,

You have done an excellent job and I have no words to admire you as all the persons have spoken about your great job, but even then I pay you a great tribute. Thanks

9. Hassan said on November 15th, 2011 at 11:02 am:

Sir,
    I want these notes if u have more then one becoze i have also many collection of currency !! if u have so plz tell me !! i will wait for you reply !!!

Regards!!
    HASSAN

10. sulman said on April 30th, 2012 at 12:36 am:

collection of old money is my passion i love it

11. Bismah said on May 9th, 2012 at 4:29 pm:

wow,,, i really love pakistan

12. Shahid Bashir said on May 26th, 2012 at 9:27 pm:

That’s great. Can some one told me the exact date when first time Rs. 1000 note was introduced/launched in Pakistan . Thanks

13. Syeda Uzma Azfar said on June 13th, 2012 at 12:14 pm:

Awesome job. too good. keep it up

14. Sohail Anwar said on June 25th, 2012 at 4:02 am:

Mr. Khalid
    Aslam o Alaikum,
    Well done, nice collection, can you collect the coins also like this.

15. Javed said on July 29th, 2012 at 5:03 am:

Can you tell me who decided to put Quaid’s picture of Pakistani currency?

16. Syed Kashif Raza said on September 3rd, 2012 at 2:29 pm:

This is a great treasure of history. whosoever collect it, have done a marvlous job. But still i think there is room for the more collection.

17. Hassan Bilal said on September 17th, 2012 at 11:04 am:

Yes u can find all ifo abt pakistani notes on state bank of pakistan web site. visit meuseum link .. u will get info there

i m sharing link..
    please follow.

18. saddam hussai said on September 26th, 2012 at 2:51 pm:

some of the currency notes are very old and most of the today’s genration never seen those currency notes so it’s realy knowldge full fourm

19. Saleem Akhtar said on October 23rd, 2012 at 11:42 am:

Very Nice, Good effort

20. Ayyaz Munir said on October 25th, 2012 at 3:07 pm:

very nice collection. have great knowledge and experience

21. musafar said on November 15th, 2012 at 10:48 pm:

good

22. saddam said on November 16th, 2012 at 12:13 am:

thnx brother.Now I will be rich in printing these notes.Inshallah you will be blessed brother by giving these this information

23. Jahangir said on June 8th, 2013 at 1:00 pm:

Send me this Photos and detail to me. thanks

24. hunain said on October 7th, 2013 at 4:40 pm:

i have some of these notes ,but can anyone tell me their value urgently?

25. Asghar Ali said on October 9th, 2013 at 5:48 pm:

ye note k oper ye q likka jata he(hamil haza ko mutaliba par ada karega)
    iska mtlab kya he,please reply

26. adeel abid said on March 16th, 2014 at 11:26 am:

hii,nice collection friend…. yaar 50 rupee ka note jiskay peechy 2 boats bani hoi han yeh kis year ka ha,,, or 5 rupee ka note bm 289075 jiska serial num ha,,yeh kis year kay han…nice work friend but acha hoota kay aap sab kay sath yeh b mention kerty kay kis yer say star ho ker kis year ma khatam howe,, thnxx

27. Khalid Mahmood said on July 15th, 2014 at 7:24 pm:

I also appreciate your efforts. Its good to see old currency.