Archive for the ‘General’ Category
I have seen, heard and read about people emphasizing a lot on the importance of resume. The whole attention is diverted towards resume that people tend to ignore the importance of a cover letter. Anyone who is looking for a job must realize and understand the importance of cover letter because you can create an impressive resume but if you do not have a powerful cover letter to support your resume, you are blowing off your chances of getting a job.
Before checking out a resume, mostly employers prefer viewing the cover letter because it says a lot about the job-seeker. If you do not have an impressive cover letter, employer won’t even bother looking at your resume. Writing an impressive cover letter is not at all a difficult task. You follow the tips mentioned below and you are good to go.
Important steps to take before writing a Cover Letter:
- Update your resume
- Research about the Organization you are about to apply for
- Go through Job description multiple times
- Be aware of the person who would be interviewing you for the position
Once you are done with gathering the importance information, you can start working on your cover letter.
Important Points of formatting:
Proper formatting is very important for a Cover letter. Make sure you
- Keep a proper check on line spacing
- You write the address on the top of the cover letter and it should always be at the left
- Always keep a distance of four lines between the next paragraph
- Enter date and then Enter the name of the concerned person
If you are not aware of whom to address, write down ‘To Whom It May Concern‘
Body of the Letter
The content of the cover letter is obviously the most important thing. Do not copy and paste the material as employers can easily get it plus, it will kill the entire essence of your resume. Do not get into useless stories as cover letter is supposed to be precise. Inform your employer the reason behind writing in the first few lines.
Once you are done with informing the reason, tell them what they really want to know i.e., Qualifications. While you are enlisting your qualifications, make sure you have Job description with you because you need to match your qualifications with the Job description.
After enlisting your qualifications, do mention your professional experience but make sure it is not the exact copy of your resume. Only mention the highlights so that in the end you can direct the employer towards your resume. At the end of the resume, make sure you request employer for an interview and mention your availability.
A few important tips:
- It should be visually appealing. Avoid useless formatting in the cover letter
- Avoid going over the top with style elements
- Always proofread your cover letter and resume before sending it out
- You should make a separate cover letter for different jobs
- Any grammatical or spelling mistake is a Big NO.
13837 x73 x (YOUR AGE) = ???
When you will put Your age in the value then you can see that your age will repeat number of times. Reason of this is
13837 x 73 = 1010101
Now, when you will multiply your age with the above number then your age will repeat. For example, your age is 25 then
13837 x 73 x 25 = 25252525
This trick will not work properly, if you age is less than 10 year or greater than 99 years. Because in less than 10 years i contains only 1 digit in your age. So, when one digit will multiply with 1010101 then will have 0 in better your age age value which is definitely not the part of your age. Same when this will increase 99 and it will convert into 3 digits then this trick will fail.
Let try to multiply your age 13837 x 73 x AGE
- Pursue Achievable Goals
- Keep a Genuine Smile
- Share with others
- Help the Neighbors
- Maintain a Youthful Spirit
- Get Along with the Rich, the Poor, the Beautiful & the Ugly
- Keep Cool Under Pressure
- Lighten the Atmosphere with Humor
- Forgive the Annoyance of Others
- Have Few Pals
- Cooperate and Reap Greater Rewards
- Treasure Every Moment with Your Loved Ones
- Have High Confidence in Yourself
- Respect the Disadvantaged
- Indulge Yourself Occasionally
- Give thanks to the Almighty
- Take Calculated Risks
- Understand “Money isn’t Everything”
1. Drink plenty of water.
2. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
3. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
4. Live with the 3 E’s — Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.
5. Make time for prayer.
6. Play more games.
7. Read more books than you did in 2009.
8. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
9 Sleep for 7 hours.
10. Take a 10-30 minutes walk every day. And while you walk, smile.
11. Don’t compare your life to others’. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
12. Don’t have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
13. Don’t over do. Keep your limits.
14. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
15. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip.
16. Dream more while you are awake.
17. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
18. Forget issues of the past. Don’t remind your partner with his/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don’t hate others.
20. Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
21. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
22. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
23. Smile and laugh more.
24. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
25. Call your family often.
26. Each day give something good to others.
27. Forgive everyone for everything.
28. Spend time with people over the age of 70 &under the age of 6.
29. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
30. What other people think of you is none of your business.
31. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your family and friends will. Stay in touch.
32. Do the right thing!
33. Always speak the truth even if it leads to your death.
34. GOD heals everything.
35. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
36. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up..
37. The best is yet to come.
38. When you awake alive in the morning, thank GOD for it.
39. Your Inner most is always happy. So, be happy.
How To Build Trust:
- Never tell a lie, always tell the truth. And, say it kindly and tactfully.
- Be real, do not act like somebody you are not.
- Do not gossip about other people’s life. The one you are talking to may think you are gossiping her at her back. The worst scene is – if she pass what you said to other people too.
- Never betray a confidence. Do not tell the secrets confided to you.
- Keep all the promises you made. If you cannot keep a promise, better not to promise at all.
- When you borrow something, always return it as soon as possible.
The TCP/IP suite specification provides many tools to assist in testing and troubleshooting connectivity problems. You will need to use these tools often when dealing with an IP network.
The Ping Utility
Ping is probably the most used of the tools mentioned. Ping was named after the sound a sonar detection device makes on military submarines. The purpose of the sonar is to send a signal at a potential target and listen for the ping sound it makes upon its return after successfully bouncing off the target. You can use ping to see if another IP device on the network is active. For example, go to DOS prompt (Command Line) and type PING xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
where the xxxs represent the IP address that you wish to test. If the device is active and reachable from your PC, the utility returns a message. The specific message varies depending on the version of the ping program you use. In addition to the confirmation message, the ping utility also returns the number of milliseconds it took to send and receive the ping from the target device. If the ping is unsuccessful, you will see a message saying that the request timed out, or that the destination host was unreachable.
You can also use ping command with the domain name. i.e., PING gmail.com
Following is an example of the output from the ping.exe program in Windows.
The Tracert Utility
Tracert goes a bit farther than ping in that it also tells you how many hops away the target device is. Remember that a hop is a router that forwards the request on to another segment, so four hops means that the tracert packet had to be forwarded by four routers in order to reach its destination.
Tracert is especially useful in troubleshooting router problems, because the results of a tracert show each router hop, you can quickly determine which router in a path has failed to forward the packet. Tracert also provides the response time; this helps you see how efficient a specific route is. If you notice that a particular router is slow, you can further diagnose why there is a hang up at this point.
The Ipconfig and Winipcfg Utility
The ipconfig utility quickly displays the current TCP/IP settings defined on your local PIC. Ipconfig.exe is a DOS based program. Under Windows, Microsoft also offers a graphical version called winipcfg.exe. These are especially useful utilities when you use DHCP to tell you what IP address and other ancillary information your network card obtained. These utilites not only return your IP address but also the subnet mask, default gateway addres and DNS server addresses for all network cards in your computer. The following is a sample output of the ipconfig utility run from the DOS prompt on a Window PC.
There was a lot of change and growth in 2009, but the recession prevented any major fireworks. Companies played conservatively to avoid mishaps and risks. On the flip side, the internet remained a good place for risks because the costs were cheap and the attention spans even shorter.
For 2010, expect to see an even more radical departure from traditional marketing tactics. Twitter is sure to play a big role, especially in the ‘was that even an ad?’ product category. Getting people to think about the product will be crucial as a way of cutting through the increasing noise of internet ads bombarding the public. Similar, small scaled really focused campaigns are bound to become popular in 2010. Amusingly, advertising through Facebook would stick to the ‘a tough nut to crack’ category. The most brooding question would be “How to exploit untapped markets wihtout upsetting users?” Concentrating on smaller, shorter and less obtrusive ads will likely be the key to success here.
Finally, mobile websites and advertisements operational on smart phones will be an important aspect of any company’s marketing plan for 2010. Today, consumers want instant gratification. This means that if they want to know about your product while driving around then they better be able to do so with their smart-phone.
It is safe to assume that 2010 will bring forward ideas and innovations that are unheard of but will change and shape the marketplace in new and exciting directions.